Review: Three Under the Christmas Tree by Silvia Violet

Ace and Gavin haven't had a threesome in far too long. When Ace meets the perfect guy to join them, he can't think of a better way to kick off the holiday season.

Jonathan is charmed by the sexy couple, and he quickly realizes that what started as a fling has the potential to be a whole lot more.

Gavin feels their connection just as strongly, but even after weeks of the three of them hanging out, he's afraid to suggest they turn their friends-with-benefits arrangement into a serious relationship.

The joy and shared experiences of the season have a way of making magic happen, if only all three men could find the courage to ask for what they want.


This ended up being a good solid story with some nice kinky sex to break up the monotony of Christmas stories. However, I've definitely read this story before. You would have to.

Exhibit A- The happy loving couple in an open relationship are looking for a third, they stumble upon the perfect guy and they all fall in love. But oh no the third guy isn't sure if he's welcome into this happy loving relationship and (yep, you guessed it) no one has an adult conversation.

So that brings me to the biggest problem in this story. The misunderstanding. Jonathan (the third) hears a small portion of a very insinuating conversation, doesn't stick around to hear the end of the conversation, and storms off in a huff of broken heart without a word.

Even though 'the misunderstanding’ doesn't irk me like it does some people, I still find it a bit… standard, like the go to for end-of-book drama. So while this didn't make me hate the book, it just made me feel.. indifferent towards it.

The light in the dark was the sex. There was probably a bit too much dialogue for my taste but the power exchanges and rough fucking were a dream after reading so many sweet Christmas stories.

I probably won't read this again, simply because I've read this story before… but better versions of it. However it really was a welcome change to all the cutesy Christmas stories and I'm glad I read it.


A review copy was provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment