Review: Model Bodyguard (Haven Investigations #2) by Lissa Kasey

Things are going well for androgynous model Ollie Petroskovic, ex-Marine Kade Alme, and their business, Haven Investigations, until rock star Jacob Elias shows up in need of their services… and trouble follows.

Jacob is a playboy with a serious penchant for kink, slaves, and sex toys. He’s also Ollie’s ex—and all that implies. With the media exploiting his personal life, a stalker sending blood-soaked “gifts,” a bumbling security team, and a family he can’t trust as far as he could throw them, Jacob is in desperate need of a bodyguard for his latest tour, and Kade can’t refuse.

While Kade deals with new doubts about his partnership with Ollie and struggles with reminders of his war injuries, Jacob’s stalker escalates from blackmail and threats to murder. As Kade and Ollie work to keep Jacob safe and find the culprit behind the attack, a web of family secrets, lies, and abuse slowly emerges, leading up to a final confrontation that they might not walk away from—and that will have lasting repercussions for Kade and his relationship with Ollie.


I’m pretty sure this is the perfect case of ‘it’s not the book, it's me’...or more accurately, it's my current mood.


This is a continuation of the first book Model Citizen and cannot be read as a standalone. I liked this more than the first but I still didn’t connect to either character, or to them as a couple. Technically speaking Ollie and Kade were a great couple, helping each other through personal issues, being honest with each other and no stupid misunderstandings or breakups. I just didn’t care about them. It could be because I didn’t enjoy the first book and that happened to carry over to this book, which I know isn’t fair because this book was better than the first.


This was less OTT than Model Citizen and although there was still the fair share of ridiculously sleazy bad guys, the mystery was much better this time round, as was the cliffhanger. I actually found the story fairly slow going though. There was a even balance between mystery and couple time but because I didn’t care about the couple, I would’ve preferred more mystery.


Honestly my favourite part was Ollie’s gender fluidity. However I was very sad to be teased by this killer quote and not get a follow up.



I groaned as my pants tightened. Now I’d spend the rest of the day imagining what he’d look like over our desk, skirt up around his waist, silk of some unknown color hugging his fine curves . “You’re so evil.” I could imagine pulling them down just enough to trap his cock against him while I ate his ass and made him writhe.


Seriously though, all the sex was super hot! Probably where my positive ratings come from.


This one didn’t work for me personally but it has for so many people. Look at a variety of reviews, but I would recommend giving it a go if you’re generally a fan of OTT characters, mystery and scantily dressed men.



Find on Dreamspinner Press or Goodreads!

No comments:

Post a Comment