Review: Unexpected Moments (Unexpected #2) by Bailey Bradford

Love begins at the most unexpected moment.

Carter Hausemann and Eddie Canales are embarking on a new romance. They know they’re compatible sexually. Now it’s time to find out if they’re meant for each other—and a third man, because Carter has always known what he needed, he’d just been afraid to reach for it.

Eddie will do whatever it takes to make Carter happy, and since he’s not the jealous type as long as he’s included, he’s more than willing to see if a relationship can work between three men. But first he and Carter need to concentrate on them.

Dare Habrock has the microbrew everyone’s talking about. He also has a secret that has kept him from having a lover in far too long.

When these three meet, they begin to understand that love flourishes in the most unexpected moments.

But someone is determined to destroy every bit of joy they have.

Bailey Bradford books are my crack. Every reader has the author that they just gotta read and when said reader starts a series by said author there is no stopping until the series is complete. For me, it doesn’t matter if it’s perfect, doesn’t matter if there are flaws because there is crack in them thar pages and I need my fix.

Bailey Bradford writes hot fucking sex scenes, or sexy hot fuck scenes, whatevs, she writes them and I read them. Repeatedly. Unexpected Moments was a great example. So, this is the “what comes next” from the short story Unexpected Places. I didn’t pick up on that until about half way through and I’m going to read that next for kicks and the aforementioned scenes. But, I can tell you, you don’t need to read that first, not that you don't want to, because I'm sure you do. There are some references to what happened in Unexpected Places, but nothing that would leave you feeling lost.

ETA: Duuuuuuuuuudes, I read UP last night and you definitely want to read it. Definitely.
That is all, now back to our regularly scheduled review . . . .

The book starts with Carter and Eddie meeting for a first real date. It didn’t take me long to figure out they had already boned in UP, in a menage no less, they were feeling a connection and decided to get together again. The two get to know each other better in bed and out. Their complimentary kinks are trigger trippers and I loved these two together. They are deliciously filthy with no apologies and I love reading that. They both know what brought them together so there is no need to be coy now. Spank that ass until it’s hot and raw and tell Peachy ALL the details.

Carter has always dreamed of being in a relationship with two men. He’s been honest with Eddie all along and the two of them are on the same page about being open to adding a third to their relationship if the right man came along. Conveniently enough he does in the form of Dare. Dare was a total sweetheart and I fell in love with his quiet strength. He’s understandably floored at the offer Carter and Eddie make him, but they are all honest from the get go and decide to give it a shot. Carter and Eddie don’t meet Dare until well into the book and I was feeling pretty solid with where Carter and Eddie were going. I wasn’t sure how Dare was going to fit in, but his personality and story were so different from the other two I had no problem buying into his place in the relationship.

During all of this, Carter is being threatened by a stalker and the danger is getting more real and more serious as the story progresses until Carter is attacked in his own home. The attack puts things into perspective for the three of them and clears the angsty cobwebs of being in a menage relationship more quickly than they may have otherwise. The relationship between the three of them is pretty fairy tale throughout. They communicate, listen, are honest and reasonable throughout. I mean, what the hell? It may not have been super realistic, but I’m glad there wasn’t a bunch of ridiculous drama with jealousy and neediness. That wouldn’t have fit the story or these guys well. I’m sure they are all on their best behavior still, it is all pretty new, but knowing that there is more story coming after this makes me fine with the ease and the fluff of the relationship.

That and the heat. Sweet grilled cheezus, the heat.

Now, after Carter is attacked he’s not in any condition to do any menaging. Does that stop these cats? No, no it does not and good for them. And me :D. Carter may be down for the count but his sweet little mouth still works for talking and describing and I appreciated the play by play muchly.

There were some editing errors, nothing that took me out of the story, but there was one point where one character was referred to with the wrong name. It wasn’t awful but it was at a pretty intense moment and I did a “wait, what?” thing and had to read it again to make sure I was following along.

If you’re looking for sweet and dirty romance with no relationship angst this is your story. There is a lot that can still happen for these three and I’m already anxious to see what comes next and how they are going to resolve the logistics of them committing permanently, not to mention all the sexy shenanigans along the way.

For More Information on Unexpected Moments, check it out on Goodreads!


**a copy of this story was provided for an honest review**

No comments:

Post a Comment