Review: Diva and the Frat Boy by Daisy Harris


Nathaniel Reece is savvy and fierce and wouldn’t give boring-ass Greg Sanders the time of day, except Greg is the president of a fraternity Nathaniel wants to join. But once Nathaniel gets a taste of the ferocity under Greg’s cool exterior, he can’t stop himself from trying to lure the uptight frat brother out of his shell.

The face of gay life on campus and a crusader heading off to law school, Greg doesn’t see any problem with seducing the flamboyant and exciting Nathaniel. But that’s before he finds out his fraternity brothers are refusing Nathaniel's pledge bid. Greg’s athletic and masculine and has never had to deal with the censure of his friends or the odd looks of strangers, but if he’s going to be what Nathaniel needs, he’ll have to be comfortable not just being out, but also standing out.







“’C’mon. You look amazing. And if you’re a good boy and stay hard for me, I’ll fuck you behind a dorm halfway through the party.’

‘Yes, Daddy.’”

Flirty, hot, fun with a bit of kinky dirty sex. Yeah, this is so my kind of book.

Nathaniel isn’t going to give lame-o Greg the time of day if Greg’s not going to pay attention to him. Yeah, he thinks Greg is hot, but if he’s not going to give Nathaniel the attention he needs then that’s just too bad for Greg. He’s missing out all Nathaniel’s fabulousness. Little did he know… Greg was just waiting for the right time to pounce. And, oh boy, did he pounce. Rawr.

These two were so effing hot together with their rough sex, their diiiiiiiiiirty dirty talk and the daddy kink. Daddy kink is a hit and miss for me, here it’s a total hit.  It was just every once in a while and just during the sexy times. Just how I like it. But back to the rough stuff, Mr. Conservative Greg turned into Mr. Bossy Toppy Topperson in the bedroom  -erhm, and outside and in the alleyway and basically anywhere they decided to bang the hell out of each other.  They held nothing back in this department and were able to have some kinky new experiences together.  Experiences that I very much appreciated.

There was just enough drama and angst to keep this novella light and fluffy.  There were some serious issues that arose, especially with hate and gay-bashing, but it didn’t take over the story and were dealt with realistically.  There were some hints as to struggles Nathanial had to deal with during high school and a little about his current situation with his mom. We got a glimpse and that was it, I would have liked to know a little bit more and to have Nathaniel share his troubles with Greg. But, that might have bogged down this light and fun read with too much angst.

The epilogue! Oh, the epilogue. I’m such a sap, so I live for epilogues.  I loved that it was later down the road since these guys had some struggles to overcome and it looked like just a HFN for them. But with the epilogue they got their well-deserved, solid HEA that I was dying to see.

I’ve said it once, but it’s worth repeating: flirty, hot, fun with a bit of kinky dirty sex. What more could you want with a couple of college boys? Not much.

4 comments:

  1. aren't these such a fun guilty pleasure. I went through and read like 4 of them but they are like pure cotton candy so I had to take a sugar beak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They so are! But I'm not waiting too long until I get to the next one :D

      Delete
  2. Holy...I think I need to start this series soon because I need to read this. You had me at "if you're a good boy"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read book 1, so this is next up in my list. So little time *sigh*

    ReplyDelete